where to amp?

Please make a educated guess to the level of difficulty in the question you are asking.
rayder

where to amp?

Postby rayder » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:22 pm

i have a 97 toyota landcruiser and will be installing new door speakers. a friend of mine gave me an Alpine 3525 60 WPC amp that i will have installed with the door speakers, it is aproximately 12"x9"x3". where would it the best place for the amp to be installed for it not to be seen? the front seats are both powered, the middle and rear seats flip upward to move out of the way for more cargo room. i do not want this amp to be seen, where should it go. thanks for any help

InstallGarage

Postby InstallGarage » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:46 pm

Under the passenger side front dash would be a good spot. Be sure to have some clearance space around the amplifier, don’t want to melt anything or start a fire from a hot amplifier. Most amplifiers especially smaller ones for mids and highs don’t get that hot so you don’t have to worry too much. Removing the bottom dash is generally pretty easy. Yours might be a little bit more difficult because it is foreign. Feel free to keep us updated during the process for advice and tips.

Return to “THREE - Average”