Another DVC Q?

Please make a educated guess to the level of difficulty in the question you are asking.
UK-Chappy

Another DVC Q?

Postby UK-Chappy » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:16 am

Hiya, rite i have 2 x new Dub1200 subs DVC 4Ohm so does this make them 8ohm?? and i have a GTO 1200.1 Mono block happy at 2ohm but no matter how many diagrams i go through on the net i cant get a 2ohm load... can you help??

:?:

InstallGarage

Postby InstallGarage » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:38 pm

Sorry, you can’t hook them both up at a 2 ohm load. Each subwoofer can run at 2 or 8 ohms. You could run two subwoofers at 4 ohm.

UK-Chappy

Another DVC?

Postby UK-Chappy » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:19 am

Yeah i had kinda worked that out i think. you and the box say that they can operate at 2 or 8, so will running them both at 4 be ok for a couple of weeks whilst i run them in, as i have a work college that it going to the states next week sum time and i will be getting him to bring me back a kicker sx1250.1 as they are much cheaper and nearer to my price range over there. How do you rate this puppy?? she is 1 ohm stable and is the nearest thing i can find to 1400rms in 1 ohm. and its about half price if i can get it from the states.

Cheers.

InstallGarage

Postby InstallGarage » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:45 pm

The subwoofers will be fine, almost all 2 ohm amplifiers will handle a 4 ohm load just fine. I did a quick search online for your amplifier and couldn’t find the specs, reply if you have manufacture link. You can never go wrong with an amplifier from Kicker! It will also match very nicely with your subwoofers.

Return to “THREE - Average”