Where to mount my amp

Please make a educated guess to the level of difficulty in the question you are asking.
jigalo02

Where to mount my amp

Postby jigalo02 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:17 pm

I just bought a 2003 Envoy and I'm having a hard time figuring out where to mount my amp. I'm thinking about a Q-custom box in the rear passenger sidewall, and I dont want my amp out in the open taking up too much cargo space. I also don't want to make modifications to my vehicle that I can't reverse if I ever decide to trade it in. I don't have any room under the back seats or driver seat. If I mount it under the passenger seat I don't think the seat will be able to be moved so I'm trying to avoid that. Does anyone have any suggestions or experience with my problem?

Raz

Postby Raz » Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:26 am

I believe that is where the factory amp is also (rear quarter) if it has the Bose system. Not too familiar with the Envoy but I have an Expedition & there's almost enough room in the rear sidewalls to crawl around in. I have a factory 12 v outlet back there too which made power wire easy, just followed the same route (used 1/0 gauge, the factory wire is only 8 ga I think) another possibility is if you have the tool well in the back if your spare is underneath the truck. Mine is plenty big but was concerned with ventilation.

InstallGarage

Postby InstallGarage » Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:54 pm

Raz has some good ideas! You could also make an L shape piece of wood about the size of you back seat. Lay it flat under you back seat and support it. Now you mount the amplifier to the wood. If you wanted it to be invisible just mount on the inside and use a large seat cover. This would cause some ventilation lose but there would still be air flow from the front.

Return to “THREE - Average”