choosing the correct speakers system

Miscellaneous Questions
victor35ma

choosing the correct speakers system

Postby victor35ma » Sun May 21, 2006 10:49 pm

Hello

I got a Sony car audio 52x4 model CDX-GT500 my Question is:

How can I know or Calculated the correct speakers for this CA :? ?

Local Installers have given a sort explanations regarding this issue. I still can get it. I guess there is an technical explanation, bottom line is Power consumption so the speaker must match that delivering in order to work properly.
any comment it is welcome.
Victor

InstallGarage

Postby InstallGarage » Mon May 22, 2006 6:39 pm

The problem is every company rates their equipment with different conditions. Their goal is to make themselves look better then they are. They also want you to buy everything from them. Bass eq setting and use of bass blockers will determine the amount power a speaker can handle. Unless you give in to the manufacturer and buy everything same brand, model and year there is no easy answer. Generally speakers under 4 inches will need to be very high quality and have bass blockers for any deck. Larger speakers such as 6(½) and 6 x 9 will sound good hooked directly to a deck.

victor35ma

Postby victor35ma » Tue May 23, 2006 12:27 am

InstallGarage wrote:The problem is every company rates their equipment with different conditions. Their goal is to make themselves look better then they are. They also want you to buy everything from them. Bass eq setting and use of bass blockers will determine the amount power a speaker can handle. Unless you give in to the manufacturer and buy everything same brand, model and year there is no easy answer. Generally speakers under 4 inches will need to be very high quality and have bass blockers for any deck. Larger speakers such as 6(½) and 6 x 9 will sound good hooked directly to a deck.

Thanks for your prompt response.

Theoretically it should have a either mathematical calculation demonstrates the relationship between the car audio power and speakers. Or a easy to use quick pick table (fast & easy to use for Installers), in a same way with an amplifier. I am looking for a simple answer regardless of which makes and model are
Victor

InstallGarage

Postby InstallGarage » Wed May 31, 2006 5:57 pm

Use the max power for your deck 52. Find speakers that handle at least 52 watts RMS. This will allow you to use any eq settings without blowing anything. Don’t go too high above 52 watts or your speakers will be distorted from lack of power. Hope that helps.

victor35ma

Postby victor35ma » Wed May 31, 2006 11:21 pm

InstallGarage wrote:Use the max power for your deck 52. Find speakers that handle at least 52 watts RMS. This will allow you to use any eq settings without blowing anything. Don’t go too high above 52 watts or your speakers will be distorted from lack of power. Hope that helps.

Ok. Thanks again. I'll let you Know what I got before buying it
Victor

alex3gamer

Postby alex3gamer » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:13 am

Okay i am going to be completely honest how much did you get ripped off for for that sony 52 by four is it theCDX-GT500head unit to the guy who said look for speakers with 52 rms bull s*** that unit only puts out 52 peak and sony is overated you are getting 17 rms by four and 52 peak by four never buy sony again their subs supposely give 1300 peak and 350 rms you wont even get that sony quality sucks I am a personal fan of sonys products like the playstation tvs camcorders but when it comes to subwoofers and amps youd be better off with a generic brand never buy a sony amp they overheat and subs bad quality im guessing that thing cost about 200 i couldve got you one for 125 free shipping and for the speakers get some kickers 05KS693 theyre 6x9s get them if you can find them theyre 180 peak and 90 rms and they come in pairs 90 rms is for one speaker thats way more than you CDX-GT500 could push you shoul get a multi-channel kicker amp 4 channel depending on speaker quantity it pushes 90 watts rms by four if you know how to hook it up at 2 ohms its got built in channel speration and crossovers oh and i am talking about the 06ZX350.4 I mean come on how clueless are you guy i'm thirteen and i know this shit whats wrong with you 13 year old here
alex3gamer

InstallGarage

Postby InstallGarage » Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:34 pm

Read the whole post before you jump to conclusions. They wanted a generic answer that would work for everything. Of course you can’t accurately answer that question when every company rates their products with different conditions. If you buy an overrated Sony amplifier then you are going to be buying the same overrated Sony speakers (or something very similar). Think about who is asking the question. I gave them the best answer there is in my first reply. They didn’t like that so I gave them a simple answer. Did you read this post or are you just mass posting on different boards trying to get someone to fall for a scam. Your age certainly shows in your post. No one is going to fall for your lies here, take your fake car audio deals elsewhere.

Return to “Miscellaneous Questions”