Basic Wiring Problems

Miscellaneous Questions
John

Basic Wiring Problems

Postby John » Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:06 pm

I own a Chrysler van and I recetly bought a new radio. The radio came with a set of wires that plug into the radio. I had to buy these car stereo conneting wires to install the radio. All the wires were color coordinated, but there are three wires that don't have a sister wire that connects to the one in the radio. A brown, orange, and orange striped one.The oranges say they are Illumination/dimmer wires, but the brown does not have a function on the back of the package that came with the wires. I tried pluging it in without those three wires connected, but it didn't work.

InstallGarage

Postby InstallGarage » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:31 pm

It sounds like you are having issues unrelated to the extra wires. Having extra wires isn’t always a bad thing. What doesn’t work? Nothing powers on at all?

John

Postby John » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:59 pm

It dosent turn on at all. The orange wires say they illuminate, i figure iilluminate means all the words and lights and stuff when you turn the radio on.

InstallGarage

Postby InstallGarage » Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:12 pm

The illuminate wire isn’t for the main light functioning. Try and hook the black wire from the deck directly to the metal of your car. Also check the fuse inside your CD deck.

Return to “Miscellaneous Questions”