HELP! Amp Hookup Problem

Miscellaneous Questions
MichMar21

HELP! Amp Hookup Problem

Postby MichMar21 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:15 pm

Okay, I hooked up everything as stated in the Installation Guide, but my subs won't power up. I checked all the fuses and they're good. Here's another problem that might be causing this. When I hook up the remote wire from the amp to the deck, my deck sends the volume down to 0. Did I wire something wrong. I did everything as it stated in the Installation Guide.

PLEASE HELP! Thanks

InstallGarage

Postby InstallGarage » Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:48 pm

Does the amplifier power on? Can you turn the volume back up from zero with the remote wire plugged in?

MichMar21

Postby MichMar21 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:46 am

InstallGarage wrote:Does the amplifier power on? Can you turn the volume back up from zero with the remote wire plugged in?

Okay, after a little while of messing around with it, I did get that problem solved. It was just bad lead connection that was causing the problem.

Here's my next question...

I have a Pioneer deck with S/W controls, however, I can't control the subs from my deck.

Any ideas?

InstallGarage

Postby InstallGarage » Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:19 pm

Sounds like you may have your RCA wires plugged into the front output on your deck. They should be plugged into the rear output. Both front and rear outputs are located in the back of the deck.

MichMar21

Postby MichMar21 » Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:57 pm

InstallGarage wrote:Sounds like you may have your RCA wires plugged into the front output on your deck. They should be plugged into the rear output. Both front and rear outputs are located in the back of the deck.

Well it was plugged into the rear output, but this pioneer model actually has a seperate output plug for the subwoofer controls. It's working peachy keen now...

Thanks

Return to “Miscellaneous Questions”