possible dumb question...lol

Miscellaneous Questions
Pepsipaid

possible dumb question...lol

Postby Pepsipaid » Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:24 pm

I have my deck ran to my amp by way of rca cable. Rears are hooked from amp and fronts from deck. My question is my front speakers seem to be very low sound even when i fade to front. if i diconnect rca then i hear fronts just fine. i gotta be doing something wrong pls help....thanx

InstallGarage

Postby InstallGarage » Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:04 pm

The only dumb question is one not asked. Yours might actually be a toughly. Maybe the bass is just drowning out the speakers and they are the same with and without? Maybe you have a defective deck? Do you know it works? Are you sure you are using RCA’s, they are two round plugs. You problems sounds like you might be using hi-volt input. Plugging the speaker wire into your amplifier, you would probably know the difference but just making sure.

Pepsipaid

Postby Pepsipaid » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:18 am

My deck is brand new. I had the same prob with my old deck. When I unplug rca cords from back of deck then front speakers sound louder. When I fade to the front with amp hooked up with rca cords it doesnt want to fade. My amp is powered right from the battery. My amp, sub, and 6 by 9's sound great. It just seems as though most power is lost to the fronts. If you put your ear on fronts you can hear them but not loud enough. I should be able to fade to fronts but cant with amp hooked up.

InstallGarage

Postby InstallGarage » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:38 pm

Are the front speakers running off the deck or a separate amplifier? Does this happen at all volume levels or only when it is turned up loud?

Pepsipaid

Postby Pepsipaid » Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:04 am

The front speakers are running off the deck. The rears and sub are running off amp. If i pull the rca cable off back of deck then i hear fronts just fine. Guy at work said i may need a crossover but i am new at car audio and i dont know what i need. I just purchased a new amp from ebay that has not arrived yet. I am thinking about using one amp to run rears (6by9'3) and the other amp to run just the sub. When I had old deck i had the same problem. If I run fronts off of a amp instead of directly off deck will i be able to fade the levels? By the way I hooked all my stuff up myself and I believe that i hooked everything up properly. Everything sounds great except very little sound from front speakers.....

InstallGarage

Postby InstallGarage » Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:43 pm

Turn your decks eq setting to vocal or set it to no bass and boost the highs. How much of an improvement is this? Your deck can fade a second amplifier if it has multiple RCA outs.

Pepsipaid

Postby Pepsipaid » Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:28 am

I hooked up my second amp today and it has a built in crossover. When i use the crossover i no longer have the problem. My old beat up Jeep Cherokee is bumpin..Thanx for trying to help me out..

Capone59

Postby Capone59 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:16 am

Okay...you are having these promblems because your back speaker are ran threw RCA and is amped. it's a better sound than speaker wire coming from the deck to thes speakers. If you have a 2 channel amp you are best of using the front rca outputs from your deck into your amp. than have 2 speakers come out each channel. doing this you drop the OHMS. BeCareful that your amp can handle the correct OHMS your speakers NOW have. If you have a 4 channel amp than just run RCA's for front and Rear to the amp and from the amp to the speakers..

Pepsipaid

Postby Pepsipaid » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:24 am

Capone I am going to try your advice because I now hve two amps. one for the 6by9s and one for the sub. Now i just got a elec crossover off of ebay and i am going to try that also. I will get all the brands and models off all my stuff and post it here so you have a better understanding of what i got hooked up.....Thanx Man

Return to “Miscellaneous Questions”