Need assistance on my amp hookup

Miscellaneous Questions
LoDo

Need assistance on my amp hookup

Postby LoDo » Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:15 am

Ok, so, just to let yall know....
I have a 2001 Chrysler 300m, and i have a panasonic CQ-C7413U cdreciever... Well, i have basically everything wired to the amp, ALL but the REMOTE wire... now, on the back of the reciever, i'm kind of lost to which is the remote wire... the amp, of course, will not power on without the remote wire, because the RCA's are connected to the subwoofer output and not as the regular speakers.... If i can get some help as to which wire is the remote wire...
oh by the way, 1st i thought it was the plain small blue wire.. but it cant be, becuase there are 2 blue wires, which i'm thinking are for the speakers, because one is blue, while the other is blue with a white stripe... and they are right next to each other as the speaker wire would be....
I had everything instaled at car toys with my reciever and speakers... my brother-in-law hooked up the amp's rca's and was kind of confuzed when it came to the remote wire as well....

Thx in Advance....

InstallGarage

Postby InstallGarage » Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:46 pm

Usually it is blue but you are right to think yours is a speaker. Does it still have the labels, it would probably be labeled power antenna. If not what single wire colors without striped matches do you have?

Capone59

Postby Capone59 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:09 am

its the blue 1 i belive...if it doesnt turn on than the blue one is ur power anttena wire...and than the blue w/ white strip is the remote...visa versa u can try it out and u'll be fine...THEY ARE NOT SPEAKER WIRES UNLESS you didnt install the wireing harness

InstallGarage

Postby InstallGarage » Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:20 pm

Yes alpine produces solid decks I wouldn’t be surprised if they included dual outputs. To clear things up a wire labeled Power Antenna can be used as your remote wire. This is normal for decks with one remote output.

InstallGarage

Postby InstallGarage » Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:22 pm

What were your findings LoDo?

Return to “Miscellaneous Questions”